XKCD's take on Meltdown.
2018-01-08 15:19:58 UTC
https://xkcd.com/1938/
--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

David L. Craig
2018-01-08 15:50:56 UTC
Post by John McKown
https://xkcd.com/1938/
Regular hammers have their utility.
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave_Craig______________________________________________
"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________

Edward Finnell
2018-01-08 20:09:43 UTC
Back in late 60's were were goofing around with  some dimensional something that wouldn't converge and the phone rings. Long story short local foundry had run payroll three times and different answers every time. Could we please borrow some storage oscilloscopes? One guy had key to physics lab and I had one to EE lab so we converged at the mill with angry union workers about to picket. Fired up payroll again and CE says 'it changed' meaning CPU bus. Sure enough one of the scopes had a big off the screen blip. So what's changed? Well we did add this new wing of Bessemer converters(50 hp electric motors). So the big guy muttered something about parenting and lineage. You need isolation transformers-lets go.

zMan
2018-01-08 20:38:28 UTC
Giants in those days, Ed!

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Edward Finnell <
Back in late 60's were were goofing around with some dimensional
something that wouldn't converge and the phone rings. Long story short
local foundry had run payroll three times and different answers every time.
Could we please borrow some storage oscilloscopes? One guy had key to
physics lab and I had one to EE lab so we converged at the mill with angry
union workers about to picket. Fired up payroll again and CE says 'it
changed' meaning CPU bus. Sure enough one of the scopes had a big off the
screen blip. So what's changed? Well we did add this new wing of Bessemer
converters(50 hp electric motors). So the big guy muttered something about
parenting and lineage. You need isolation transformers-lets go.
In a message dated 1/8/2018 9:52:23 AM Central Standard Time,
Regular hammers have their utility.
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"

Tomasz Rola
2018-01-08 17:09:37 UTC
Post by John McKown
https://xkcd.com/1938/
"Honestly, I've been assuming we were doomed ever since I learned
about rowhammer".

This.
Tomasz Rola

--
** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **