EZAFTPKS from Started task
Add Reply
Joseph Reichman
2017-08-29 22:12:00 UTC
hI

I have been testing out a started task under TESTAUTH (it does APF
authorized command). In addition it uses EZAFTPKS to download a file to
windows, this works fine under TEST

When I know try to run the code I get the following abend

BPXP018I THREAD 1FD8500000000002, IN PROCESS 16842778, ENDED

WITHOUT BEING UNDUBBED WITH COMPLETION CODE 840C1000

, AND REASON CODE 00000001.

After doing some research on EZAFTPKS it says that it has to have a OMVS
segment defined I am far from RACF expert but I am wondering if anyone has
had similar experiences and might be able to shed some light

2017-08-30 00:34:14 UTC
That's not an ABEND. It's an informational message. The following is informal -- don't take it to the bank:

That message says that a conventional "MVS" program was doing UNIX stuff and ended without cleaning up the UNIX environment. In my experience it is usually an additional symptom of some other error, not the cause of the problem.

Yes, to do any "UNIX stuff" the userid needs an "OMVS segement." Different symptoms if you are missing that:

ICH408I USER(xxxxxx ) GROUP(xxxxxx ) NAME(xxxxx xxxxxx ) CL(PROCESS ) OMVS SEGMENT NOT DEFINED

and/or Language Environment ABEND U4093-90 and/or message

CEE5101C During initialization, the callable service BPX1MSS failed. The system return code was 0000000156 , the reason code was 0B0C00FB . The application will be terminated.

2017-08-30 05:09:15 UTC
Post by Joseph Reichman
I have been testing out a started task under TESTAUTH (it does APF
authorized command).

I'm curious. How can you test out "a started task under TESTAUTH" (or TEST)? I know only how to test programs in my TSO session using these commands.

Joseph Reichman
2017-08-30 06:16:51 UTC
It was in my TSO session I had to make a few modifications not to use the COMTASK ECB
As that obviously wouldn't work under TESTAUTH
In my TSO session

Now that I think about I'm using TCP/IP in my program EZASMI macros ( as it's a concurrent server) and that wouldn't work if I didn't have a OMVS segment

I'm beginning to think it something else
Maybe some other task