Stack Exchange Mainframe Q&A
Steve Smith
2018-06-25 23:53:19 UTC
Is now in the "commitment" phase. Don't ask me to explain Stack Exchange;
but it requires "committers" to move forward. Try it if you like:

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/118484/mainframes?referrer=YNJgOMH9TZOpmq-iyVlkZQ2
--
sas

Andrew Rowley
2018-06-25 23:57:23 UTC
Post by Steve Smith
Is now in the "commitment" phase. Don't ask me to explain Stack Exchange;
https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/118484/mainframes?referrer=YNJgOMH9TZOpmq-iyVlkZQ2
It looks like the biggest hurdle might be getting 100 people with 200+
reputation on other Stack Exchange sites.
--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software

2018-06-28 17:01:03 UTC
The current reputation of my old SE account is 433. Should I drop the commitment on my new account and it it on the old account?

2018-06-28 18:56:46 UTC
Perhaps you can commit from both? I don't really know how fast it
processes these things, but maybe you could try it and see if it moves the
needle.

In any case, can't see how it could hurt.

sas
Tom Brennan
2018-06-26 01:51:08 UTC
I don't understand it yet either, and I was already chastised by a
leader in the first phase. So I'm off to my regular good start :)

I think this is worth a try. Someone can certainly find questions and
answers by searching ibm-main, even without joining the list. But it
can sometimes take a lot of reading before you find what you might guess
is the best answer. This format should bubble the best answers to the top.

P.S. Steve - I clicked your link and now there is a "referred by Steve
Smith" next to my commitment entry. So I hope that gives you an extra
bronze badge or whatever it is that moves people up in status.
2018-06-26 12:51:41 UTC
OK, I "committed."

Steve Smith
2018-06-26 20:29:01 UTC
Thanks... there does seem to be an inordinate number of rules (not all
written). I've managed to get at least one post deleted by a moderator,
and pretty sure some hate down-votes.

I'm bemused by all the badges, and reputation, and points, oh my. I'm
still caustically optimistic it will turn out to be useful, but not sure
I'd bet much on that.

sas
Post by Charles Mills
OK, I "committed."
Behalf Of Tom Brennan

2018-06-26 20:47:07 UTC
Whoops! My normal presence on SE started using an e-mail address that I share with my wife, and I've been using this address for all new activity. I committed using this address, which doesn't have the reputation points. Should I decommit and recommit using the old address, or just leave things as they are?

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1Q1gIMkho16paG17yQrRS8eGnWfR6TOrLwanQq8T6wP2rlsVasRxjnhaDGTJul3xIJz26zqBFUCrOsi9CwPfwKsQJ_47usVQSdVz9HopQj97jjKC5aV2puBnrDevmynVA9raXP6oKUf9H7eX202rJzREPlLCIEi454idmT2uRVtTC-HTN6bEKsodls1qAbNkt6CScL7JeAIhWoMdEG5pC3Ue_RzqnyWHaFFXW70CzdIj2k_Kql1ugs3Me3guM81SHwoqtvb6oJW-puSjCDb8DOb_uGJjE90Dv9jaZPPTfbeRhooZGDCwaCrZucZI_6vVILflK_OdSUtzUS82zjlHEQaBCDOVSB3Me0qxJ8RkwgOKO1bmcdQ-EV_xmF78M_IyBTBxEs1tRgzH-NtvShKJo42SywjxcLy169Ixk3khrE_A/https%3A%2F%2Farea51.stackexchange.com%2Fproposals%2F118484%2Fmainframes%3Freferrer%3DYNJgOMH9TZOpmq-iyVlkZQ2

--
sas