CFSIZER no longer available?
Kenneth J. Kripke
2018-06-08 06:00:08 UTC
Hello;

I wanted to use the IBM WEB BASED tool CFSIZER at
http://www.ibm.com/systems/support/z/cfsizer/ and specifying SMF.

After filling in the criteria and depressing the SUBMIT I am directed to
https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z

This is a recent change in behavior. Has this tool been withdrawn?

Sincerely;

Kenneth J. Kripke

***@comcast.net

John Eells
2018-06-08 13:13:32 UTC
Post by Kenneth J. Kripke
Hello;
I wanted to use the IBM WEB BASED tool CFSIZER at
http://www.ibm.com/systems/support/z/cfsizer/ and specifying SMF.
After filling in the criteria and depressing the SUBMIT I am directed to
https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z
This is a recent change in behavior. Has this tool been withdrawn?
Not intentionally! People are looking into this now.
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

John Eells
2018-06-11 12:34:59 UTC
I am told the redirects have been fixed to make CFSIZER available again.
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

2018-06-11 13:39:27 UTC
Not attacking you personally, not at all, but do you have any information about all the other broken links, such as the WLM tools page, etc?

John Eells
2018-06-11 17:04:49 UTC
Post by Peter Hunkeler
Not attacking you personally, not at all, but do you have any information about all the other broken links, such as the WLM tools page, etc?
I am sorry, but I do not. IBM is restructuring its website, and making
this particular omelet has unfortunately broken a few eggs. In some
cases, I know who to engage (notes and IMs are cheap), and in some I
have no idea who to ask (finding the right person can take days).
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie

Pommier, Rex
2018-06-11 18:45:55 UTC
John,

Thank you for all you are doing in this (and every other) situation. I know you aren't responsible for the muck-ups that happen throughout IBM's web site and it seems like sometimes you bear the brunt of other people's mistakes - simply guilt by association. I think I speak for the vast majority of the people on this list when I say again, thank you for your perseverance and patience.

Rex

Not attacking you personally, not at all, but do you have any information about all the other broken links, such as the WLM tools page, etc?
I am sorry, but I do not. IBM is restructuring its website, and making
this particular omelet has unfortunately broken a few eggs. In some
cases, I know who to engage (notes and IMs are cheap), and in some I
have no idea who to ask (finding the right person can take days).
--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie
***@us.ibm.com

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

2018-06-13 12:27:28 UTC
I concur. Thank you John.
+1
My wrath is directed at the PFCSK's doing the work!
I concur as well with this. I tried to make clear in my statements, whom I'm attacking. Hopefully, I succeeded.

2018-06-08 13:17:55 UTC
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1027062

I think this is it

Welcome to the System z Coupling Facility Structure Sizer Tool (CFSizer).
CFSizer is a web-based application that will return structure sizes based on the
latest CFLEVEL for the IBM products that exploit the coupling facility.

Allan Staller
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 6:07 AM
Subject: Re: CFSIZER no longer available?
Check the archives. ISTR a few weeks ago it had been moved somewhere else.
See the thread about "where is the WLM Website".
BTW, If you can find CFSIZER, please post the URL back to the list.
2018-06-08 13:25:48 UTC
Yes, this is the latest link I saved.
Finally one stored link that is still working (or is it yet to be moved?).

Kees.
Welcome to the System z Coupling Facility Structure Sizer Tool
(CFSizer).
CFSizer is a web-based application that will return structure sizes based on the
latest CFLEVEL for the IBM products that exploit the coupling facility.
Behalf Of
Allan Staller
[...]
email to
-------
-------
-------
[...]
For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286

Michael Babcock
2018-06-08 13:59:20 UTC
That link doesn’t work for me either. It still takes me to a marketing
page when I click submit

Carmen Vitullo
2018-06-08 14:06:36 UTC
when I attempt to use the CFSIZER tool link I sent Allan, I selected the JES2 structure, entered an amount of 4k records and got this

https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z

never liked the sizer tool to begin with, so no biggy for me

Carmen Vitullo

Allan Staller
2018-06-08 14:15:15 UTC
C'mon IBM, get your act together!

When are the PFCSK's in charge going to get shown the door!

https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibm.com%2Fit-infrastructure%2Fz&data=02%7C01%7Callan.staller%40HCL.COM%7Ca17826f4f4fc4181d1ae08d5cd49148b%7C189de737c93a4f5a8b686f4ca9941912%7C0%7C0%7C636640636146362220&sdata=O8nYSTC48fVvZT7%2FoOYTiWGKU9%2BReGxeGxexbjlm3Bs%3D&reserved=0

never liked the sizer tool to begin with, so no biggy for me

Carmen Vitullo

w-01.ibm.com%2Fsupport%2Fdocview.wss%3Fuid%3Disg3T1027062&data=02%7C
01%7Callan.staller%40HCL.COM%7Ca17826f4f4fc4181d1ae08d5cd49148b%7C18
9de737c93a4f5a8b686f4ca9941912%7C0%7C0%7C636640636146362220&sdata=Rt
QVCLbo4g5YYLijSnd55z2fD8UZ%2Fva6eJ7OIlV85S4%3D&reserved=0
[...]
---- For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
instructions, send
email to
----
-------
----
-------
----
-------
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission
[...]
klm.com&data=02%7C01%7Callan.staller%40HCL.COM%7Ca17826f4f4fc4181d1ae0
8d5cd49148b%7C189de737c93a4f5a8b686f4ca9941912%7C0%7C0%7C6366406361463
62220&sdata=ksW7OQi9GAwAHOBV5J%2BpQ2j7Cj3bCE1U3JKWcztxFlQ%3D&reserved=
0. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and

Dale R. Smith
2018-06-08 16:24:10 UTC
Post by Allan Staller
C'mon IBM, get your act together!
When are the PFCSK's in charge going to get shown the door!
It's not the PFCSKs, it's the PHBs that should be shown the door! (They can't find it on their own! :-)> )
--
Dale R. Smith

2018-06-08 18:48:56 UTC
CFSizer is now working

Dale R. Smith
Edward Finnell
2018-06-08 18:57:23 UTC
Well it's Friday.

From Donald Fagan's New York Rock and Soul review-1991.
In a message dated 6/8/2018 1:52:17 PM Central Standard Time, ***@HCL.COM writes:

I won't post it, but I am singing my refrain!