Doc online (was: whois.ibm.com - gone)
2017-10-12 03:27:44 UTC
They have really messed up their web sites in the last two years. Using
Doc online now just about impossible. And, many times, they don't even
give an easy to find PDF download option. (I have found that going back
up the manual chain will sometimes give you the option.)
For basic stuff, the following:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/bkserv/

z/OS V2R3 Documentation is now available
z/OS Library
Search using IBM Knowledge Center V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Search at the element or book level V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Download books in PDF format V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Download Adobe Indexed PDF collection V2R3 V2R2

Download one of the indexed zipped pdfs and unzip it. The
zOS_V2R3_Documentation.pdx file is pretty useful.

Susan Shumway
2017-10-12 05:17:12 UTC
Thanks for supporting the indexed PDF collection, Gil. I personally
reference it regularly and agree that it's really useful.

Tony, I suspect you're referring to the ability to download the
containing PDF from any KC topic. Since that functionality doesn't exist
right now, the closest workaround is the one that you already stumbled
upon. In the breadcrumb trail at the top of the topic, first note the
containing deliverable (typically the second item in the string) and
then click on the containing element/feature (typically the first item
in the string). You'll land on the page that lists all deliverables in
the element/feature, from which you can click to download the PDF for
the deliverable that you need.

-Sue Shumway
Post by Paul Gilmartin
They have really messed up their web sites in the last two years. Using
Doc online now just about impossible. And, many times, they don't even
give an easy to find PDF download option. (I have found that going back
up the manual chain will sometimes give you the option.)
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/bkserv/
z/OS V2R3 Documentation is now available
z/OS Library
Search using IBM Knowledge Center V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Search at the element or book level V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Download books in PDF format V2R3 V2R2 V2R1
Download Adobe Indexed PDF collection V2R3 V2R2
Download one of the indexed zipped pdfs and unzip it. The
zOS_V2R3_Documentation.pdx file is pretty useful.
Sue Shumway
z/OS Product Documentation Lead
IBM Poughkeepsie
***@us.ibm.com