Ouch your own self...Apple Mac bug
Add Reply
Edward Finnell
2017-11-29 11:10:49 UTC
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2017/11/28/apple-macos-high-sierra-guilty-of-really-stupid-password-bug/#421b3cd11d57

Yowee, anybody, anywhere can get your stuff.

2017-11-29 17:09:51 UTC
Post by Edward Finnell
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2017/11/28/apple-macos-high-sierra-guilty-of-really-stupid-password-bug/#421b3cd11d57

Yowee, anybody, anywhere can get your stuff.
Did I hear something similar about iOS, or was I just misreading another
instance of this story?

Reminiscent of a time Sun inadvertently distributed a Solaris with a telnet
server containing a magic root password. Sun leveraged this into removing
all support for telnet server, which had always accepted passwords in clear.

Edward Finnell
2017-11-29 18:41:58 UTC
One of the Tech reporters on Bloomberg was saying he was using apple.bugreporter.com and it was yanked to work on the 'root' problem.
I don't have access but my nephew in Atlanta does. He says most of the ones they've seen were in power management and nasty Apps for IOS.