z/OSMF Ooops
Shaffer, Terri
2018-05-08 14:12:53 UTC
So I was wondering if someone can help, I tried looking at IBM links and couldn’t find what I needed.

In my infinite wisdom, HA, I have been running z/OS 2.3 for about 3 months now, and circling back around and reconfigure z/OSMF.

There was a directory/SYMLINK at /usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty but mine looked broken as there were no files or directory associations.

So in ummm fixing what I thought was broken, deleted the symlink.

Then I started looking at the newest procs and found the WLPDIR points to it.

What I need, is how should the symlink reference for /usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty look like and what does it point to?

Thanks

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support:
ACIWorldwide – Telecommuter
H(412-766-2697) C(412-519-2592)
***@aciworldwide.com​
________________________________
[https://www.aciworldwide.com/-/media/aci-footer] <http://www.aciworldwide.com>
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or non-public information. The information is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

2018-05-08 14:20:28 UTC
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Shaffer, Terri <
Post by Shaffer, Terri
So I was wondering if someone can help, I tried looking at IBM links and
couldn’t find what I needed.
In my infinite wisdom, HA, I have been running z/OS 2.3 for about 3 months
now, and circling back around and reconfigure z/OSMF.
​On the z/OS 2.3 system that I have access to, I see:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 OMVSKERN OMVSGRP 23 Feb 7 09:48
/usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty -> ../liberty_zos/17.0.0.3​
Post by Shaffer, Terri
[...]
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.

Shaffer, Terri
2018-05-08 14:48:43 UTC
Thank you, however maybe that’s why mine was broken, where does the liberty_zos directory live?

Mark Pace
2018-05-08 14:54:16 UTC
$ find /usr -name liberty_zos/17.0.0.3
/usr/lpp/liberty_zos/17.0.0.3

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Shaffer, Terri <
Post by Shaffer, Terri
Thank you, however maybe that’s why mine was broken, where does the
liberty_zos directory live?
Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
ACIWorldwide – Telecommuter
H(412-766-2697) C(412-519-2592)
Post by Shaffer, Terri
[...]
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems

2018-05-08 15:01:15 UTC
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:50 AM, Shaffer, Terri <
Post by Shaffer, Terri
Thank you, however maybe that’s why mine was broken, where does the
liberty_zos directory live?
​No offence meant, but I take it you're not really familiar with ​UNIX
files? The symlink tells you that. So I will be perhaps a bit pedantic, but
hopefully not arrogant.

The entire path name under consideration is " /usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty" which
means you are in "/usr/lpp/zosmf". Given this you read the symlink of "
../zos_liberty/17.0.0.3" as "back up one directory (the double dot)" this
gives you "/usr/lpp", then go "down" to "zos_liberty/17.0.0.3", ending up
with the path "/usr/lpp/zos_liberty/17.0.0.3".
Post by Shaffer, Terri
Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,

Mark Pace
2018-05-08 14:52:50 UTC
Here is mine on z/OS 2.3

$ ls -l
/usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty

lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 51 23 Mar 28 16:12
/usr/lpp/zosmf/liberty -> ../liberty_zos/17.0.0.3
$

Shaffer, Terri
2018-05-08 14:53:45 UTC
Nevermind.. Thank you with that information, I found liberty_zos under /usr/lpp , what was missing was the mount for the file system

Thank You!!

Jousma, David
2018-05-08 15:07:38 UTC
One other piece of advice...dont manually modify IBM provided filesystems such as this. It usually sets you up for trouble down the path...(pun intended).

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
***@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

Post by Shaffer, Terri
[...]

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN ________________________________ [https://www.aciworldwide.com/-/media/aci-footer] <http://www.aciworldwide.com> This email message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or non-public information. The information is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Shaffer, Terri
2018-05-08 15:46:58 UTC
Thanks, Yes I've been doing this for about 33yrs, but I don’t like clutter or MIA links and before I actually did a little more research it looked like a bad reference and my delete finger was in motion.

The real issue was when I configured my BPXPRMxx I missed the mount for the liberty_zos directory. But then I didn’t know where to point the Liberty symlink to rebuild.

z/OS is now happily running and all my plugins are available.

Thanks for everyone who responded.