GDPR and ShopzSeries
Add Reply
Richards, Robert B.
2018-06-07 10:51:01 UTC
On the subject of GDPR and Shopz, what would be the reason for selecting the first radio button? (the * in this email denotes the radio button)

Notify email

The General Data Protection Regulation requires that you, as the controller of the data, be made aware of our Data Privacy Addendum and the relevant Data Privacy Exhibit for this transaction. Hence, a notification email needs to be sent to the end user for this order due to GDPR requirement. Please provide the email address to receive this notification. *

* I am placing this order for others, please send the GDPR notification email to:

* I am placing this order for myself. The GDPR notification will be contained in the order confirmation email.

Bob

Nims,Alva John , Al
2018-06-07 13:41:33 UTC
If these links are where I believe they are in the ordering process then, I believe the GDPR entries have been added to the same links that have always been there.

Now when I was putting the order for z/OS 2.02 together, I used the first link to have my IBM sales/software rep review the order as in, did not forget something that we need/paying for or did not order anything that we were not paying for/planned to pay for.

The second link I used when ordering an updated version of a component, I think the last time I used it was to order a newer JAVA.

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer III
UF Information Technology
East Campus
P.O. Box 112050
Gainesville, FL. 32611
(e) ***@ufl.edu
(p) (352) 273-1298

Richards, Robert B.
2018-06-07 15:42:22 UTC
Al,

Yes, the radio buttons were just added at the bottom. However, the review or approval was not on that web page, if I remember correctly. It showed up when the order was validated?? (Not sure of this at the moment and I have nothing to order today that would provide the ability to verify this assumption)

Bob

Nims,Alva John , Al
2018-06-07 15:50:59 UTC
Bob,

Okay, then I don't have a good answer then. I guess by the nature of GDPR, you have to make sure everyone involved has received a copy of the GDPR notice. I noticed the Phil Smith responded, with not those words, but almost the same.

The thing with this GDPR, I am no expert and really talking "out of my hat" here, but does that imply that EVERY USER of the system has to be notified about/with GDPR?

Richards, Robert B.
2018-06-07 15:56:03 UTC
I am always ordering software, ptfs, etc. for myself or the company I am working at, so I will continue to select the second radio button. Maybe resellers need to check the first button??

Phil Smith
2018-06-07 15:46:11 UTC
Post by Richards, Robert B.
On the subject of GDPR and Shopz, what would be the
reason for selecting the first radio button?
If you're ordering for someone else, the GDPR privacy notification needs to go to them. GDPR defines specific rules about notifying folks, so this is [at least perceived to be] what it requires.

Having said that, of course GDPR is new, and there's lots of room for interpretation. So if some other site lets you do something on behalf of someone else and does not ask where to send the notification, that doesn't mean they're necessarily in violation (nor compliance)!

...phsiii