Moving a Dataset to a Non-SMS Volume
Add Reply
Kopischke, David G.
2010-06-09 23:36:37 UTC
Greetings,
I'm trying to move a bunch of datasets to a non-SMS managed volume
via DSS. I
found examples in the manuals, but it's not working:

COPY DATASET( -
INCLUDE(DataSet.Name)) -
OUTDDNAM(TARGET) -
ALLDATA(*) -
BYPASSACS(*) -
NULLMGMTCLAS -
NULLSTORCLAS -
DELETE -
CATALOG

TARGET is a DD that just specifies UNIT=SYSDA,VOL=SER=DRTST1. I also
tried
OUTDYNAM pointing to DRTST1 and DSS allocates a dataset on it, but it
apparently
isn't the dataset I'm trying to move. Everything I try just moves the
dataset to
another volume in the same storage pool.

Any ideas ???

Thanks,
Dave K.
Gaur
2010-06-10 03:17:41 UTC
Post by Kopischke, David G.
[...]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---
This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email communications.
===========================================================================­===
Search the archives athttp://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
Dave,

It would be good to have your joblog here...
Dave Kopischke
2010-06-10 04:08:52 UTC
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:35:13 -0600, Kopischke, David G.
Post by Kopischke, David G.
Greetings,
I'm trying to move a bunch of datasets to a non-SMS managed volume
via DSS. I
COPY DATASET( -
INCLUDE(DataSet.Name)) -
OUTDDNAM(TARGET) -
ALLDATA(*) -
BYPASSACS(*) -
NULLMGMTCLAS -
NULLSTORCLAS -
DELETE -
CATALOG
I guess I'll answer my own question...

BYPASSACS(**) <-- Two asterisks works fine

I can't see the the forest. All these dang trees are in the way.....

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
c***@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply to your own problem, helped me:-)
n***@gmail.com
2017-12-06 06:35:39 UTC
Thanks for the problem and solution.