Profile changed to CAPS OFF - despite all characters being uppercase
Add Reply
EJ
2017-10-11 13:11:03 UTC
I've followed every trick in the book to try to make all of my text in a dataset member upper case. I tried typing UC99999 in the left hand column. I've tried searching with Find P'<' but nothing shows up. I've tried turning caps on and typing PROFILE SAVE, but every time i leave a member and edit it again i get the same message:

==MSG> -CAUTION- Profile changed to CAPS OFF (from CAPS ON) because data
==MSG> contains lower case characters.

Does anyone have some tricks I have not tried to turn caps on?
EJ
2017-10-11 13:14:29 UTC
Well after dealing with this problem for literally years, two seconds after I post this I figured it out.

the UC command, and the Find p'<' commands only search up to column 71. I had continuation characters in column 72 that were lowercase. hope this helps someone else.