[IBM-MAIN] IBMLink
Alan Altmark
2006-08-28 15:11:05 UTC
On Monday, 08/28/2006 at 08:34 AST, B Sysprog <***@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> What is going on with IBMLink?
> Since last Wednesday, I have hit the "Our Apologies" page more than
IBMLink.
> Talked with a Help Desk person this morning who told me the URL has
been
> changed:
>
> www.ibm.com/ibmlink/link2
>
> That worked for a little while, now I am back to the "Our Apologies"
page.
> Any idea when this will be fixed?!

The correct URLs are country-specific. The IBMLink folks tell me that the
US link is
http://www.ibm.com/ibmlink/link2/ttpu/displayTTPUPage.wss?lc=en&cc=US

If you come in the "old front door" at http://www.ibm.com/ibmlink, you
will be directed to the right URLs. When you get there, bookmark *those*.

As a guess, the direct ../link2 only works after you have authenticated
via some other path.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Tom Harper
2006-08-28 15:13:16 UTC
Alan,

The new US link you mentioned below fails the same way as the others
fail...

Tom Harper

> Since last Wednesday, I have hit the "Our Apologies" page more than
IBMLink.
> Talked with a Help Desk person this morning who told me the URL has
been
> changed:
>
> www.ibm.com/ibmlink/link2
>
> That worked for a little while, now I am back to the "Our Apologies"
page.
> Any idea when this will be fixed?!

The correct URLs are country-specific. The IBMLink folks tell me that
the
US link is
http://www.ibm.com/ibmlink/link2/ttpu/displayTTPUPage.wss?lc=en&cc=US

If you come in the "old front door" at http://www.ibm.com/ibmlink, you
will be directed to the right URLs. When you get there, bookmark
*those*.

As a guess, the direct ../link2 only works after you have authenticated
via some other path.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott
ibm-main.html

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Eatherly, John D [LTD]

Alan Altmark
2006-08-28 15:25:30 UTC
On Monday, 08/28/2006 at 10:13 EST, Tom Harper <***@NEONESOFT.COM>
wrote:
> The new US link you mentioned below fails the same way as the others
> fail...

:-( A previous post mentioned a Sev 1 problem. Hopefully these are all
just facets of the same problem.

Unfortunately IBMers cannot access IBMLink without incurring departmental
charges. We get to the back-end systems using other paths and so can't
readily test or verify problems you find in the front-end applications.
Sorry. (sigh)

shmuel+ (Shmuel Metz , Seymour J.)
2006-08-28 20:21:42 UTC
Dean Montevago
2006-08-28 15:31:24 UTC
I just tried this and got JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource
/logon/logonPage.jsp

r***@ibm-main.lst
2006-08-28 15:36:17 UTC
Very confusing. If I follow the link http://www.ibm.com/ibmlink and
select Unitied States>SIS>login, then I get my normal IBMLink page. But,
if I take that link directly to the login screen, I get the *apology*.

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Eatherly, John D [LTD]
2006-08-28 15:37:14 UTC
I just did it and it redirected me back to the bad link.

Thanks.

John Eatherly

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Schwarz, Barry A
2011-06-08 12:21:55 UTC
The ISPF User's Guide states that if you enter View or Edit from 3.1 or 3.4, the system assumes you want mixed mode. This precludes highlighting (at least in the Japanese version of IBM's PCOMM). Does anyone know of a way to change or disable the assumption?

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Dave Salt
2011-06-08 15:22:50 UTC
If you open a PDS and get a member list, I think you should be able to select a member for Edit and enter a forward slash in the PROMPT column and set mixed mode off? (I can't try this myself because I don't use a Japanese emulator). However, that wouldn't help you for sequential data sets. Another option would be to use SimpList, as that has its own edit/view entry options that are separate from those used by ISPF and they're always applied to every edit/view session launched by SimpList, no matter how they're launched. If you have any questions about that let me know.

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!

http://www.mackinney.com/products/program-development/simplist.html

Schwarz, Barry A
2011-06-24 21:22:34 UTC
On z/OS 1.11, we are noticing that passwords are being changed during logon when the user accidentally enters data in the new password field but then declines to confirm it. Specifically:

1 - The user enters "logon <userid>".
2 - The usual password panel appears.
3 - The user enters the correct password and some extraneous data in the new password field.
4 - The password panel reappears with a message to re-enter the new password.
5 - The users presses ENTER.
6 - The password panel appears again with a message that the two inputs do not match.
7 - The user presses ENTER again.
8 - The user is logged on but the password is changed to the extraneous data entered on the first panel in step 3.

If, in step 5, the user enters a second set of characters that does not match the those entered in step 3, the password is still changed, but this time to the data entered in step 5, not step 3.

Surely this cannot be WAD, otherwise there would be no point in asking for confirmation. Is there a PTF to fix this?

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
Scott Rowe
2011-06-24 21:29:18 UTC
It doesn't do that on my 1.10 system. Have you opened a PMR?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Schwarz, Barry A <
***@boeing.com> wrote:

> On z/OS 1.11, we are noticing that passwords are being changed during logon
> when the user accidentally enters data in the new password field but then
> declines to confirm it. Specifically:
>
> 1 - The user enters "logon <userid>".
> 2 - The usual password panel appears.
> 3 - The user enters the correct password and some extraneous data in the
> new password field.
> 4 - The password panel reappears with a message to re-enter the new
> password.
> 5 - The users presses ENTER.
> 6 - The password panel appears again with a message that the two inputs
> do not match.
> 7 - The user presses ENTER again.
> 8 - The user is logged on but the password is changed to the extraneous
> data entered on the first panel in step 3.
>
> If, in step 5, the user enters a second set of characters that does not
> match the those entered in step 3, the password is still changed, but this
> time to the data entered in step 5, not step 3.
>
> Surely this cannot be WAD, otherwise there would be no point in asking for
> confirmation. Is there a PTF to fix this?

> send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.

send email to ***@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO