FIXCAT explanation
Add Reply
Porowski, Kenneth
2017-11-24 19:29:14 UTC
What is the difference/meaning of FIXCAT categories

IBM.Coexistence.z/OS.*
IBM.ProductInstall-RequiredService
IBM.TargetSystem-RequiredService.z/OS.*

Coexistence I understand but the other two are slightly confusing.

Would I need all of them on my down level systems when installing a new release of z/OS?
Currently running 1.13 and 2.1 in a plex, will be adding 2.2.

2017-11-24 19:49:21 UTC
https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/smpe/fix-category.html

IBM.ProductInstall-RequiredService Fixes that must be installed for an IBM
product at the time the product is installed.

IBM.TargetSystem-RequiredService Fixes required on other IBM
products to allow them to run

You need to review each fixcat to see if you need it

Behalf Of Porowski, Kenneth