IBM-MAIN Digest - 12 May 2018 to 13 May 2018 (#2018-133)
Tom Russell
2018-05-14 18:20:37 UTC
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 00:12:54 +0000
Subject: Re: Problem with $BUFFER control block
I was hopeful that the IEZIOB would include the missing fields.
Unfortunately it does not. Before opening an SR with IBM, I thought
I'd give the List one more shot. The $BUFFER macro changed in z/OS 2.2;
we're jumping from 2.1 to 2.3 using code carried unmodified for decades (!).
You would have to add the IEXIOB macro to your test case, but on our 2.2 system the dsect generated by IEZIOB DSECT=YES has a label of "IOB" and the code in $BUFFER gets offsets using the label IOBDSECT.... code like " ORG BUFIOBST+(IOBSEEK-IOBDSECT)+4 Redefine IOB end @Z22LCKP "

IOBDSECT isn't defined in either IEZIOB or $BUFFER.

Tom Russell
“Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs” — Jasper FriendlyBear
“… and remember to leave good news alone.” — Gracie HeavyHand

2018-05-14 18:50:54 UTC
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 00:12:54 +0000
I was hopeful that the IEZIOB would include the missing fields.
Unfortunately it does not. Before opening an SR with IBM, I thought
I'd give the List one more shot. The $BUFFER macro changed in z/OS 2.2;
we're jumping from 2.1 to 2.3 using code carried unmodified for decades
(!).
You would have to add the IEXIOB macro to your test case, but on our 2.2
system the dsect generated by IEZIOB DSECT=YES has a label of "IOB" and the
code in $BUFFER gets offsets using the label IOBDSECT.... code like "
IOBDSECT isn't defined in either IEZIOB or $BUFFER.
​But it is defined in $MODULE.​
Post by Tom Russell
Tom Russell
“Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs” — Jasper FriendlyBear
“… and remember to leave good news alone.” — Gracie HeavyHand
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.