How do I use 3270-4E on TSO?
Add Reply
Tony Thigpen
2018-05-24 21:45:10 UTC
What is the TSO setting to allow me to use all the lines of a 3270-4?

thanks,

Tony Thigpen

Joe Monk
2018-05-24 21:50:01 UTC
I always logged on with a logmode that supported all models, then I could
pick which one I wanted. Had three LT'a, so one was TSO 43x80, one was SDSF
report display, and one was test CICS region,,,

Joe

Farley, Peter x23353
2018-05-24 21:52:42 UTC
It is a VTAM setting plus an ISPF setting.

VTAM:

logon applid=Your-TSO,logmode=D4C32XX3

ISPF "0" (zero) screen:

Terminal Characteristics
Screen format 3 1. Data 2. Std 3. Max 4. Part

HTH

2018-05-25 00:49:12 UTC
Failing.

I tried it, but it did not work. First, I am on a real VTAM non-SNA
session using an OSA-C. So, I had to use:
logon applid(tso) logmode(D4C32XX3)
But, it failed with:
SESSION NOT BOUND

From the console:
IST663I BIND FAIL REQUEST RECEIVED, SENSE=08210000 721
IST664I REAL OLU=USACTN01.H08B REAL DLU=USACTN01.HKY0009
IST889I SID = EFE3E68AF005DF3D
IST314I END
IKT030I TCAS LOGON PROCESS FAILURE PLU=HKY0009 SLU=USACTN01.HKY0009
SENSE= 08210000
IKT117I TSO/VTAM INITIALIZATION FAILED FOR APPLNAME=TSO0009 , LUNAME=USA
CTN01.H08B
IKT111I APPLNAME=TSO0009 FAILED DUE TO: TCAS CLSDST PASS FAILURE
IKJ608I LOGON TERMINATED, IKTXINIT, TSO/VTAM INITIALIZATION ERROR
IST804I CLOSE IN PROGRESS FOR TSO0009 OPENED BY ***NA***
IEA989I SLIP TRAP ID=X33E MATCHED. JOBNAME=*UNAVAIL, ASID=0078.
IST400I TERMINATION IN PROGRESS FOR APPLID TSO0009
IST805I VTAM CLOSE COMPLETE FOR TSO0009

(I don't use a TCP/IP port because that forces me into VTAM-SWITCH which
prevents me from using a LOGON command.)

Suggestions?

Tony Thigpen

Joe Monk
2018-05-25 01:00:59 UTC
Try a generic logmode ... SNX32705 and see if the session binds.

Joe

Tony Thigpen
2018-05-25 01:43:08 UTC
similar results.

Tony Thigpen

Tony Thigpen
2018-05-25 01:44:28 UTC
but D4B32782 does work.

Tony Thigpen

Tony Thigpen
2018-05-25 01:49:31 UTC
Success with:
logon applid(tso) logmode(D4B32XX3)

Tony Thigpen

Mike Wawiorko
2018-05-25 09:06:36 UTC
OSA-ICC provides non-SNA VTAM local terminals. You need to use a non-SNA logmode. The best is perhaps the one Tony mentions.

SYS1.SAMPLIB(ISTINCLM)

TITLE 'D4B32XX3'
* *
* 3274 MODEL 1B/1D (LOCAL NON-SNA) @OY02946*
* 3274 1C BSC *
* 3276 BSC *
* PRIMARY SCREEN 24 X 80 (1920) *
* ALTERNATE SCREEN TO BE DETERMINED BY APPLICATION *
* *
D4B32XX3 MODEENT LOGMODE=D4B32XX3,FMPROF=X'02',TSPROF=X'02',PRIPROT=X'7*
1',SECPROT=X'40',COMPROT=X'2000',RUSIZES=X'0000',PSERVIC*
=X'008000000000000000000300',APPNCOS=#CONNECT *@KGC*

Compare with the similar SNA logmode. This would be used by tn3270E or any 'real' 3270 if you have NCP or DLUR 3270s.

TITLE 'D4C32XX3'
* *
* 3274 MODEL 1C (REMOTE SNA) @OY02946*
* PRIMARY SCREEN 24 X 80 (1920) *
* ALTERNATE SCREEN TO BE DETERMINED BY APPLICATION *
* *
D4C32XX3 MODEENT LOGMODE=D4C32XX3,FMPROF=X'03',TSPROF=X'03',PRIPROT=X'B*
1',SECPROT=X'90',COMPROT=X'3080',RUSIZES=X'87F8',PSERVIC*
=X'028000000000000000000300',APPNCOS=#CONNECT *@KGC*

Mike Wawiorko

2018-05-25 15:17:00 UTC
That depends on how you terminal is configured. A real 3180 or 3192 with a custom MODEENT could run with a primary of 43x80 and a secondary of 27x132; I don't know whether his TN3270 client supports that, but it was much more useful than a primary of 24x80, back in the day.

Mike Wawiorko
2018-05-25 13:03:16 UTC
Not quite the correct question.

D$C32XX3 is a MODEENT or logmode in table ISTINCLM. ISTINCLM is shipped by IBM in SYS1.VTAMLIB. Source is in SYS1.SAMPLIB.

Unless you've created your own ISTINCLM and replaced the IBM standard MODETAB - that would be a bit daft imho - the IBM MODETAB ISTINCLM is always there along with all the logmodes/MODEENTs within it.

VTAM first searches for a logmode/MODEENT in the APPL or LU MODERTAB and if not found there looks in the always present ISTINCLM. ISTINCLM does not need to be a named MODETAB in a VTAMLST definition.

Mike Wawiorko

Jason Cai
2018-06-04 07:16:39 UTC
Hi all

We want to migrate from GDPS 3.12 to GDPS metro 4.1.

There are two migration procedures: 1. Big Bang migration

and 2 Enhanced migration

Could you tell us which migration procedure could be chosen to

migrate from GDPS 3.12 to GDPS metro 4.1 directly.

Is there any relevant migration documentation for reference?

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Jason Cai

Steve Horein
2018-06-04 11:21:23 UTC
3.12 to 4.1 will require Big Bang method.
Chapter 1, topic 1.4, "Migration and coexistence" of the "Installation and
Customization Guide" has the details.

2018-05-25 01:53:33 UTC
On Thu, 24 May 2018 21:50:54 -0400, Tony Thigpen wrote:

>Success with:
>logon applid(tso) logmode(D4B32XX3)

Why does VTAM make this so hard? It should just to a WSF Query and believe
any successful response. Only if the command is rejected, fall back to LOGMODE.

Tony Thigpen
2018-05-25 02:01:51 UTC
After testing a few things, it appears that this logmode works well with
both mod-2 and mod-4 terminals. I think it would be acceptable to change
the LUs in the vtam book.

Anything I am missing?

Tony Thigpen

2018-05-25 15:22:56 UTC
That breaks custom logmodes. If I want a WSF, I use D4C32XX2 or something similar.

Wendell Lovewell
2018-05-25 15:12:07 UTC
Hi Tony.

There are different ways to log on to an application using VTAM/Switch. Please give us (MacKinney Systems) a call and ask for tech support. They'll get you going.

Best regards,
Wendell