Sort tool parsing (SMF generally).
Add Reply
Massimo Biancucci
2017-06-27 12:28:27 UTC
I'm wondering if there's any possibility to instruct sort to parse variable
position field where variable means relative position is inside the record
itself.

For instance, SMF30 contains Performance Section at offset (pointed by ...)
written at offset 80 (SMF30POF) for length at offset 84 (SMF30PLN).

It would be something like PARSE=(ABSPOS=(80,4,BI),FIXLEN=xx)
or better PARSE=(ABSPOS=(80,4,BI),FIXLEN=(84,2,BI))

I know there're loads of tools .... anyway I'm interested in SORT because,
very often, it's the fastest and best tool. (Loving SORT :D)

Thanks a lot in advance and regards.
Massimo

Sri h Kolusu
2017-06-27 15:31:00 UTC
Massimo Biancucci,

Unfortunately DFSORT does not relative positioning in the control cards.
However depending on the number of unique offsets you can generate the
dynamic parse control cards. Let me know if you are interested in that.

Thanks,
Kolusu
j***@gmail.com
2018-06-11 19:54:55 UTC
Hi Kolusu,
I'd be very interested in that, could you please walk me thru it? Thanks
Jade