Question on JES2 and remote non-JES nodes
Add Reply
Tony Thigpen
2017-10-09 12:23:19 UTC
I have a question concerning setting up NJE nodes in the following
configuration:

JES2(node=AAAA)-----RSCS(node=BBBB)----RSCS(node=CCCC)

I have AAAA talking to BBBB.

How do I tell AAAA that it can send stuff destined for CCCC via BBBB?

I tried: $add destid(CCCC),dest=BBBB
But, things sent to CCCC are actually sent to the BBBB machine (as a
synonym), and are not forwarded by BBBB to CCCC.

Follow-up question:
How do I 'undo' the incorrect $ADD command.
--
Tony Thigpen

2017-10-09 14:21:48 UTC
Tony

A quick search in www.ibm.com with the phrase REMOVE $ADD DESTID

Lead to the command $DEL

This has documented

Processing Considerations

When you dynamically delete a JES2 symbolic destination (destid), JES2 honors the deletion across a restart only if you perform a hot start. To permanently delete the symbolic destination, remove the DEStid initialization statement before restarting JES2.
Scope

Single member. The values supplied for this command will be in effect for this member only.

Depending on your installation's setup, however, you might want this command to be applied to all members of the MAS (to ensure a consistent environment across the MAS). If so, you can use the MVS ROUTE *ALL command to issue this command to all active members (if the JES2 command character is the same on all members). See z/OS MVS System Commands, SA38-0666 for more information on using the ROUTE *ALL command.
Messages

You could try the $DEL to see if that takes it out, or a hot start to permanently remove the command.

It would have been nice if the $ADD would have included the remove $DEL command

I have not tried to route through multiple nodes with JES2 - always node to node. So I will not be able to answer that part of your question

Behalf Of Tony Thigpen
Tony Thigpen
2017-10-09 16:02:32 UTC
Thanks Liz. I was more concerned with figuring out the routing issue
that I had not had time to really search out the $DEL DEST() command.

I did find the answer to the routing. It has to do with using the
CONNECT statement.

The JES2 terminology seems to be completely backwards from that used by
zVM-RSCS or z/VSE-Power.

Tony Thigpen