PL1 - U4094 Reason=0000002C
Manikandan R
2017-05-10 15:27:27 UTC
Hello,

The PL1 programs were developed in older version (with LE/370), now I am trying to compile and run in the environment with PL1EN V4 version. While running a PL1 program I am getting abend U4094 Reason=0000002C (Termination requested during termination) in CEEROOTA however the output file is created (when used CATLG,CATLG Disp parameter) and it is exactly matching with older version output file. So it doesnt look like a application program issue. While googleing it says Language environment issue. Is there any suggestion on how to resolve this abend?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks,

Mani R

2017-05-10 15:31:45 UTC
Have you opened an SR with IBM?

Behalf Of Manikandan R
Manikandan R
2017-05-10 17:31:03 UTC
Lizette, Thanks for your response!

Our mainframe support team is also involved in this and they tried some test but couldn't identify the root cause. I will certainly check with them to open a SR with IBM.

However while googling, the reason for this abend is related to the language environment (LE). We are using the same LE options (CEEUOPT - User override options) that was used in earlier. Does anyone know if any option on the LE causing this problem?

2017-05-10 18:44:43 UTC
Post by Manikandan R
However while googling, the reason for this abend is related to the language environment (LE). We are using the same LE options (CEEUOPT - User override options) that was used in earlier. Does anyone know if any option on the LE causing this problem?
I would try running the program with LE runtime option TRAP(OFF), and see what happens. Don't forget to include a //SYSABEND or better //SYSMDUMP DD statement.

If the program still abends, see what MVS says about the cause not that LE is not handling the error. Also, if you understand it, have a look at the System Trace in the dump, if one is produced.