DAF (CBT 094) - Unknown Datatype x01BB
Ravi Gaur
2018-05-16 06:46:28 UTC
Has anyone seen on z/OS2.2 I see DAF is reporting "Unknown Datatype x01BB" and while downloading and assemble/linkedit latest CBT 094 gives me 0255 for various undefined symbol though I have checked the maclib .

anyone the point is has anyone recent ran DAF against SMF data for 14/15 for DATASET EQ xxxx and got Unknown datatype message?

Also I know it's a separate topic but I have a requirement to know which procs are being expanded by which job from the proclib so trying to get that and PDSMAN do report a little for READ/BROWSE function against the members if it's enable to cut the smf record however doesn't report correct job name...so if anybody also has idea if similar been in past a necessity for them to know and how they achieved it will be great to know as well.

2018-05-16 14:35:04 UTC
As for DAF issue, if there is a more complete message it might be helpful to show complete text.

Second, if there is an author email address, have you tried to send an email?

If you create a second thread on the PROC Expansion it will be helpful. Many might not see it do to DAF discussion

Ravi Gaur
Anthony Thompson
2018-05-17 03:51:10 UTC
I downloaded the latest DAF from the CBT site and assembled it, without any serious problems. I turned off most options (&RT_<whatever> SETC C'000', also &ST_DFSMS07 SETC 'NO ' to get it to assemble, as noted in the DAF comments).

I did not get an "Unknown Datatype x'011b'" if I provided DAF with only SMF type 14/15, using a single control card of 'DATASET EQ <my TSO userid>'. That message seems to be associated with processing SMF type 80 records (RACF). I also avoided the same error if I excluded RACF SMF records in DAF input but included all others. Curiously, I still get that error message if I specify &RT_RACF SETC 'NO ' and re-assemble DAF, and include type 80 SMF records in DAF input.

I also get a crapload of ' Unknown Data AUDAT= )' messages (not when using only SMF type14/15 as DAF input). I wish I had the time to diagnose these DAF errors further.

Note I am on z/OS 2.3.

As for knowing which jobs expand which PROCLIB members, I'm wondering if you can expose the IEFC001I message that usually appears in a job's JESYSMG dataset to SYSLOG/OPERLOG via a MPFLST member (that's the message that says this procedure / include group was expanded from this system / private library). Various automation products can also mess with route codes. Then you'd just need to scan a saved SYSLOG/OPERLOG to find out what you want to know.

Ant.

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-05-18 12:07:03 UTC
Hi Anthony,

Looks like I'm getting DAF assemble errors to now..

** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42S7
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FFS
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FTY
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FTM
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FSN
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FDN
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FIR
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FIW
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FNL
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FFN
** ASMA044E Undefined symbol - SMF42FFN

I don't want to disable the RACF flag as I intend to use the features enabled by it.
Is it still required to set ST_DFSMS07 as a 'NO'?

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

Has anyone seen on z/OS2.2 I see DAF is reporting "Unknown Datatype x01BB" and while downloading and assemble/linkedit latest CBT 094 gives me 0255 for various undefined symbol though I have checked the maclib .

anyone the point is has anyone recent ran DAF against SMF data for 14/15 for DATASET EQ xxxx and got Unknown datatype message?

Also I know it's a separate topic but I have a requirement to know which procs are being expanded by which job from the proclib so trying to get that and PDSMAN do report a little for READ/BROWSE function against the members if it's enable to cut the smf record however doesn't report correct job name...so if anybody also has idea if similar been in past a necessity for them to know and how they achieved it will be great to know as well.

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-05-18 12:08:35 UTC
.. I have a compiled DAF from earlier which works for DATASET EQ stuff, but it doesn't recognize the RACF keywords, though I probably would have let the RACF flag default to a yes when I asm it years ago.

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

Anthony Thompson
2018-05-21 01:25:31 UTC
Sorry for not responding earlier, I had Friday off.

SMF record 42 is for DFSMS statistics, so I avoided the SMF42* undefined symbols and the invalid R4 by setting &RT_DFSMS to 0.

SMF record 82 is for ICSF, so I got rid of the SMF82ITE undefined symbol by &RT_ICSF to 0.

And you still have to set &ST_DFSMS07 to N for a clean assembly.

Ant.

Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-05-21 02:05:35 UTC
Thanks Ant, wouldnt setting SMF42 off mean I can't use DATASET EQ <something> stuff?

– Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

Anthony Thompson
2018-05-21 02:11:20 UTC
If all you are looking for is who has opened a dataset, SMF type 14 is all you should need.

Ant.

Ravi Gaur
2018-05-21 10:36:21 UTC
So initial question had two parts :

1. DAF Unknown X01BB data - - As other lister's pointed indeed there was 80/RACF types and initially when I had compiled/linkedited the CBT DAF had it NO ...anyway i have no intention to process those records type hence will ignore them...
Just FYI - I have compiled the latest DAF from CBT with DFSMS Subtype 7 records to NO and it compiled nicely....
Thanks to all who responded.

2. 2nd question was regarding knowing about the members which were accessed in the pds proclib ...and as stated there's no nice way of knowing it ...SMF Type 14/15 doesn't report the dataset even correctly i had a PMR opened with IBM and was referred for RFE as it doesn't report dataset as being in the concatenation and moreover TYPE30 will report JES as a Jobname for the proclib's so here's something which i did (again not 100% accurate but let the wheel rolling)...

Processed SMF Type30_4 and extracted JOB/JESNR/SMFTIME (splitted to DATE/HOUR/MINUTE/RACFUSER ) and had them merged by DATE/HOUR/MINUTE/RACFUSER with the PDSMAN User records(which in my shop we are cutting to 179)...in 95% cases it reported ok but again as there's no absolutely key to merge there's some vague records as well ...

anyway after merging pdsman and type30_4 i had following records extracted....will see how it goes when i present it to other business partners....B

jobname,dsname,member,action(what purpose like browse/expand),date,hour,jesnr