z114
Ilya Gersh
2017-09-26 22:56:22 UTC
We took a h/w hit on z114 at about 4:30PM.
Thanks to Cyxtera and their cabling!!!!!!!!!!
All dasd channels were swapped out which prevented systems to IPL.
I managed to bring RS50 and DEV1 up.
There's no "emergency" at this point but....need to take another look tomorrow at cabling h/w errors.... Again.
This is a h-u-g-e PITA...and it will continue until we replace all cyxtera-laid cables with our own....IMHO.

Eric, call if off for tonight. Call me later, tomorrow. Thank you.

-----------
ILYA GERSH
Manager * Systems Programming
Rocket Software, Inc.
+1 781.684.2140 w
+1 617.974.1345 c
***@rs.com<mailto:***@rs.com>

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.

Rob Schramm
2017-09-26 23:02:13 UTC
<VBG>

I guess this is a view of the Rocket internals.

Rob Schramm

--

Rob Schramm

Steve Smith
2017-09-27 01:38:17 UTC
Yikes! Unfortunately, the internal mailing list name intended is a bit too similar to this one. And obviously, Ilya has a lot on his mind. Thanks again outlook.

Please erase this message from your brain at your earliest convenience. ;-)

Sas

2017-09-27 05:00:22 UTC
>Please erase this message from your brain at your earliest convenience. ;-)

What message? <g>

Rob Schramm
2017-09-27 22:16:06 UTC
It is so easy for tidbits of info to fall out of my brain these days.. I
feel like the Dilbert cartoon when Dilbert instructs PHB to look for token
that may have fallen out of the cat 5 cable.
http://dilbert.com/strip/1996-05-02

Rob Schramm

i***@FOXMAIL.COM
2017-09-27 06:55:00 UTC
Hi all

We found there is a volser id in a system-manage library(TS7700) is the same as a volser id in DS8800.

We couldn't online them together.

If we don't offline the volser in DS8800,how do we read the volser in a system-manage library?

Thanks a lot!

Jason Cai

Vernooij, Kees - KLM , ITOPT1
2017-09-27 07:12:43 UTC
You can read it on another system that has access to the TS7700, but does not need the DS8800 volser online.
And eliminate the duplicates a.s.a.p.

Kees.

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286