Source of SYSLOAVG value in RMF3
Add Reply
Graham Harris
2017-11-26 01:32:28 UTC
Would anyone happen to know where the "SYSLOAVG" (stands for 'system load
average') value in RMF3 comes from?
I think it is also known as the WEB queue.

I have ploughed through the data areas manuals, and cant see any obvious
candidate control block at an LPAR level, but i may not be searching for
the right thing, and it may not actually be a control block in its own
right anyway.

From what i have seen in the data areas, I have a nasty suspicion is that
each address space may have its own WEB queue, and RMF may perhaps be
amalgamating them to give a system-wide view (which is what I am
specifically interested in, but want it at a much finer granularity than
RMF3 can give).

Any info gratefully received.

Roger Lowe
2017-11-27 00:05:08 UTC
Post by Graham Harris
Would anyone happen to know where the "SYSLOAVG" (stands for 'system load
average') value in RMF3 comes from?
I think it is also known as the WEB queue.
I have ploughed through the data areas manuals, and cant see any obvious
candidate control block at an LPAR level, but i may not be searching for
the right thing, and it may not actually be a control block in its own
right anyway.
From what i have seen in the data areas, I have a nasty suspicion is that
each address space may have its own WEB queue, and RMF may perhaps be
amalgamating them to give a system-wide view (which is what I am
specifically interested in, but want it at a much finer granularity than
RMF3 can give).
Any info gratefully received.
In IPCS, try issuing IPCS IEAVWEBI and see if that gives you the info that you might be after ....

Hope that helps.

Roger

Graham Harris
2017-11-27 08:59:12 UTC
Thanks Roger.

I did actually stumble across this after some more googling on 'WEB queue',
and have had a play with it, but think it is more aligned with dump
analysis, than info on a running system. Whilst it does work on a running
system, it is very slow, and very cpu intensive.

My main aim at least initially, is to get a view of the WEB queue totals at
least once a second, so this doesnt really seem to fit the bill.
Post by Roger Lowe
Post by Graham Harris
Would anyone happen to know where the "SYSLOAVG" (stands for 'system load
average') value in RMF3 comes from?
I think it is also known as the WEB queue.
I have ploughed through the data areas manuals, and cant see any obvious
candidate control block at an LPAR level, but i may not be searching for
the right thing, and it may not actually be a control block in its own
right anyway.
From what i have seen in the data areas, I have a nasty suspicion is that