Various 052 abends with LINKAGE=SYSTEM calls in SRB
Add Reply
Joe Reichman
2017-08-07 23:17:29 UTC
Hi

I am getting intermittent abends with a couple of macros that use
linkage=system in a SRB

The first is with AXSET macro

LA R2,1 Give us the

AXSET AX=(R2) Power

XR R8,8 Clear r8

ICM R8,B'0011',NOW.HASID Get Server Asid

SSAR R8 Set secondary Asid

The reason code for the AXSET is 0101

The Abends happens (sometimes) after the PC 0(14) call in the AXSET

To other is in the VSMLOC macro again after the PC 0(14) The reason code in
the VSMLOC is 0103

From my understanding there is no restriction using LINKAGE=SYSTEM in a SRB

Jim Mulder
2017-08-08 01:29:02 UTC
It should not be possible to get a 052 abend from VSMLOC,
unless some rogue code on your system has messed with the
System Function Table so that the wrong PC number is being issued,
or some rogue code on your system has messes with the Entry Table Entry
for the VSMLOC PC so that something other than the VSMLOC service
routine is being invoked by the VSMLOC PC.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY
Joseph Reichman
Binyamin Dissen
2017-08-08 07:00:06 UTC
On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 21:30:08 -0400 Jim Mulder <***@US.IBM.COM> wrote:

:> It should not be possible to get a 052 abend from VSMLOC,
:>unless some rogue code on your system has messed with the
:>System Function Table so that the wrong PC number is being issued,
:>or some rogue code on your system has messes with the Entry Table Entry
:>for the VSMLOC PC so that something other than the VSMLOC service
:>routine is being invoked by the VSMLOC PC.

Or if a routine requiring primary mode is not called in primary mode?

:> Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test IBM Corp.
:>Poughkeepsie NY

:>> From: Joe Reichman <***@GMAIL.COM>
:>> To: IBM-***@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
:>> Date: 08/07/2017 09:24 PM
:>> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-***@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

:>> I am getting intermittent abends with a couple of macros that use
:>> linkage=system in a SRB

:>> The first is with AXSET macro

:>> LA R2,1 Give us the
:>> AXSET AX=(R2) Power
:>> XR R8,8 Clear r8
:>> ICM R8,B'0011',NOW.HASID Get Server Asid
:>> SSAR R8 Set secondary Asid

:>> The reason code for the AXSET is 0101

:>> The Abends happens (sometimes) after the PC 0(14) call in the AXSET

:>> To other is in the VSMLOC macro again after the PC 0(14) The reason
:>code in
:>> the VSMLOC is 0103

:>> From my understanding there is no restriction using LINKAGE=SYSTEM in a
:>SRB

--
Binyamin Dissen <***@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Jim Mulder
2017-08-08 08:17:46 UTC
No, 052 abends are issued by service routines for PCAUTH services.
VSMLOC is not a PCAUTH service. and its service routine does not
issue 052 abends.

Binyamin Dissen
2017-08-08 10:05:46 UTC
On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 04:18:55 -0400 Jim Mulder <***@US.IBM.COM> wrote:

:> No, 052 abends are issued by service routines for PCAUTH services.
:>VSMLOC is not a PCAUTH service. and its service routine does not
:>issue 052 abends.

Might the wrong addressing mode cause an incorrect PC number to be loaded?

:>Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test IBM Corp.
:>Poughkeepsie NY
:>
:>> From: Binyamin Dissen <***@DISSENSOFTWARE.COM>
:>> To: IBM-***@LISTSERV.UA.EDU