Strange Things in JES2
Add Reply
Christopher Y. Blaicher
2017-12-04 16:20:46 UTC
I have a job that puts out the following in the JESMSG portion of the listing.

------ JES2 JOB STATISTICS ------

27 NOV 2017 JOB EXECUTION DATE

35 CARDS READ

76,135 SYSOUT PRINT RECORDS

0 SYSOUT PUNCH RECORDS

71,517 SYSOUT SPOOL KBYTES

0.86 MINUTES EXECUTION TIME
The DATASET DISPLAY panel shows:

NP DDNAME StepName ProcStep DSID C Dest Rec-Cnt

JESMSGLG JES2 2 H LOCAL 20

JESJCL JES2 3 H LOCAL 36

JESYSMSG JES2 4 H LOCAL 59

GDE40101 STEP020 STEP010 102 H LOCAL 44

GDE40102 STEP020 STEP010 103 H LOCAL 23

GDE40103 STEP020 STEP010 104 H LOCAL 9

GDE40105 STEP020 STEP010 106 H LOCAL 33
That is a total of 224 records. Where are the other 75,911 records? And, no I didn't delete or purge any output. I did do a process 100,000 times in the program, but if it was process related I would expect a print count of 100,224.
Just wondering If anyone else has seen strange things like this.
Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Mainframe Development
P: 201-930-8234 | M: 512-627-3803
E: ***@syncsort.com

Syncsort Incorporated
2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
Pearl River, NY 10965
www.syncsort.com<http://www.syncsort.com/>

Data quality leader Trillium Software<http://www.trilliumsoftware.com> is now a part of Syncsort.

________________________________

ATTENTION: -----

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted with this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this message in your possession, custody or control.

Christopher Y. Blaicher
2017-12-06 17:20:38 UTC
Answer is new JES file EVENTLOG.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Mainframe Development
P: 201-930-8234  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: ***@syncsort.com

Syncsort Incorporated
2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
Pearl River, NY 10965
www.syncsort.com

Data quality leader Trillium Software is now a part of Syncsort.