Remote position
Mvs Guy
2017-07-25 22:21:17 UTC
Hello Group,

Apologize for being anonymous.

I am looking for a remote zOS or zVM sysprog position anywhere in US. To summarize about me, I have almost 20 years of zOS/z/VM experience including but not limited to Assembler programming, User exits, Sysplex, Storage, Perf tuning(SAS/MXG), zLinux etc.

Please note I am looking for fully remote only positions after initial on-site on-boarding.And I don't want to work for IBM consulting.

If you happen to know a position please email me at: ***@gmail.com

Thank you.

Beverly Caldwell
2017-07-26 14:27:28 UTC
Oh the indians will just love you for posting this online. your inbox will
soon be full of urgent nonexistent requirements for their direct
nonexistent clients. just revert with lowest possible rate and visa status
and you're off!
zMan
2017-07-26 15:46:16 UTC
Well, he can accept a dozen of those positions, and if too much actual work
hits at once, subcontract it out...

But "MVS Guy", I suspect that this is not the way to find a gig. There are
lots of non-cloaked people with substantive reputations on here who are
available; to be blunt, if I were hiring, why would I go for you over them?

2017-07-26 15:58:07 UTC
Well, to be fair, I would assume that if you wrote him (I am assuming MVS Guy is a him) privately saying you were seriously interested he would uncloak himself.

I have forgotten the original post but if he is protecting current employment then that is certainly a legitimate concern.