z/OSMF CWWKO0221E
Sean Gleann
2017-10-01 20:31:02 UTC
Can any help me, please, with solving a problem I'm having while trying to
get z/OSMF working.

I've got 2 z/OS monoplex systems, at v2.1 and v2.2, both running under z/VM
v6.3 on a z/PDT configuration.

On both systems, I issue the start commands for CFZCIM and IZUANG1,
everything appears to be OK. After that, I START IZUSVR1, then sit back and
wait for a while. Eventually, I get the messages:
CWWKO0221E: TCP Channel defaultHttpEndpoint initialization did not succeed.
The socket bind did not succeed for host S0W1.DAL-EBIS.IHOST.COM and port
1080. The port might already be in use
-- and --
CWWKO0221E: TCP Channel defaultHttpEndpoint-ssl initialization did not
succeed. The socket bind did not succeed for host S0W1.DAL-EBIS.IHOST.COM
and port 10443. The port might already be in use.

NETWORK ASSISTANT does not show those ports to be in use, and independent
examination by our network guys show the same result.

I've tried various changes to DOMAINORIGIN in TCPIP.TCPIP.DATA, and with
the PORTS list in USER.TCPPARMS(TCPPROF). I've also attempted to change the
port numbers in USER.PARMLIB(IZUPRMxx), but nothing seems to change these
messages, still less get rid of them.

As far as I understand things, z/OSMF is intended to be 'the way forward'
for various aspects of z/OS system maintenance, so I really do want to get
to grips with the facility.
To date, I've had no success at all.

Regards
Sean

Ronald Kristel
2017-10-02 02:28:21 UTC
Are you using a IZUPRMxx parmlib member to specify the hostname? Check if there are quotes (' ') in the HOSTNAME statement. HOSTNAME('hostname').