IBM support portal Broken?
Allan Staller
2017-08-30 14:11:10 UTC
Get partial display of support portal Home Page.

https://www.ibm.com/support/home/entry/portal/support

::DISCLAIMER::

Jousma, David
2017-08-30 15:01:11 UTC
We have been running into this. At the bank we are still on IE 11. Servicelink and ShopZ both don't work. Had to get Chrome installed. The newer MS Edge seems to work, but my workstation is still Win7.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
***@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

Turner Cheryl L
2017-08-30 16:59:57 UTC
Some of us don't have the leisure of changing our browser option or version, so I certainly hope that's not the fix.

Right now IBMLINK prompts for userid/password but after supplying, just sits there like it didn't understand (no spinning/thinking wheel). I reported the problem we are experiencing to IBM.

Dan Little
2017-08-30 17:23:01 UTC
IE11 here too and people are having to use Chrome.
Jousma, David

Turner Cheryl L
2017-08-30 18:21:17 UTC
Something happened just broke loose. I can now get to IBMLINK.

Allan Staller
2017-08-30 19:53:49 UTC
Standard refrain:

The "new tools" are not as reliable, functional or available as the tools they are replacing"

I called to report the issue, the voice recording suggested going to ibm.com/support which was a mostly blank page that had zero info other than an option to translate the page into some other language. I pressed the button for a Sev 1, thinking that would be the quickest, and after 5+ minutes listening to a recording got to talk to someone who didn't know what to do as the support site is not a valid 'product'. She volunteered to inform her supervisor/lead.

One little step (maybe)

Where is the legendary IBM support and service and RAS?

Lionel B. Dyck
Mainframe Systems Programmer - TRA

Pommier, Rex
2017-08-30 22:07:42 UTC
To (mis)quote a line from the Lord of the Rings movie. "And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth."

Rex

2017-08-30 18:59:38 UTC
Thx. That was it. Edge works fine. IE 11 does not work.

2017-08-30 18:31:41 UTC
Our experience is similar. What appears not to work is Win7 with IE11. Chrome is OK. One colleague still has IE10, and he's OK.

It's pretty frustrating when they tell you to report a problem via a mechanism that *is* the problem. Like having to report a telephone line problem over the problem line. ;-(

Allan Staller
2017-08-30 21:59:40 UTC
Win10/IE11 does not work

Jousma, David