compares
Add Reply
Nai, Dean
2018-06-06 14:58:40 UTC
Howdy,
I have numerous lists of tape numbers that I need to compare so I can remove any duplicate and only keep them in one list. Any ISPF or other utilities for me to run the compares? I have 10 members with over 100 tape numbers in each. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....Dean

Joe Monk
2018-06-06 15:09:44 UTC
IEBCOMPR (compare) comes to mind...

Data Set A on SYSUT1
Data Set B on SYSUT2
SYSPRINT=*
and SYSIN DUMMY

Joe
Sri h Kolusu
2018-06-06 15:39:14 UTC
Dean,

You can use DFSORT to remove the duplicates and generate a single list of
unique tape numbers.

Example:

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=SORT
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your pds(member01)
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your pds(member02)
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your pds(member03)
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your pds(member10)
//SORTOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
SORT FIELDS=(P,M,F,A)
SUM FIELDS=NONE
/*
//* P = Position of the tape number field
//* M = Length of the tape number field
//* F = Format of the tape number fields (CH, ZD, BI, PD...)
//* A = Ascending sequence

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation
Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
2018-06-08 17:30:15 UTC
Also, DELDUPS from CBT..

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

Date: 06/06/2018 08:10 AM
Howdy,
I have numerous lists of tape numbers that I need to compare so I
can remove any duplicate and only keep them in one list. Any ISPF or
other utilities for me to run the compares? I have 10 members with
over 100 tape numbers in each. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.....Dean

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

2018-06-08 18:15:37 UTC
Post by Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
Also, DELDUPS from CBT..
Likewise the POSIX sort command or, for a data set of the size mentioned,
associative arrays in Rexx.