Last SAD (was: DLIB volume for SAD)
Add Reply
Art Gutowski
2017-09-28 18:00:40 UTC
A little off topic - when is the last time anyone had to perform a SAD ? I haven’t done one in 20+ years.
We've taken at least a couple in the last 4 years. I don't recall the exact circumstances (lots of brush fires early in the transition), but on at least one occasion, IIRC, we were still working through firewall issues and had a hard time getting the dump to IBM.

Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC

Edward Gould
2017-09-28 23:58:47 UTC
Post by Art Gutowski
A little off topic - when is the last time anyone had to perform a SAD ? I haven’t done one in 20+ years.
We've taken at least a couple in the last 4 years. I don't recall the exact circumstances (lots of brush fires early in the transition), but on at least one occasion, IIRC, we were still working through firewall issues and had a hard time getting the dump to IBM.
Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC
Mark,
Although its gotten a *LOT* better, I would guess maybe 1 a year is an average. When MVS first came out we were doing at least 1 every two days.

Ed
Vernooij, Kees - KLM , ITOPT1
2017-09-29 06:32:51 UTC
The ones we did in the last '20' years was to test SAD.
In the old days, you needed a SAD for IMS restart after a system crash (IIRC).

Kees.
Post by Art Gutowski
Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC
Mark,
Although its gotten a *LOT* better, I would guess maybe 1 a year is an
average. When MVS first came out we were doing at least 1 every two
days.
Ed
For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286

R.S.
2017-09-29 10:37:06 UTC
Post by Art Gutowski
A little off topic - when is the last time anyone had to perform a SAD ? I haven’t done one in 20+ years.
We've taken at least a couple in the last 4 years. I don't recall the exact circumstances (lots of brush fires early in the transition), but on at least one occasion, IIRC, we were still working through firewall issues and had a hard time getting the dump to IBM.
I *NEVER* did it except training purposes. That mean ~18 years.
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

Treść tej wiadomości może zawierać informacje prawnie chronione Banku przeznaczone wyłącznie do użytku służbowego adresata. Odbiorcą może być jedynie jej adresat z wyłączeniem dostępu osób trzecich. Jeżeli nie jesteś adresatem niniejszej wiadomości lub pracownikiem upoważnionym do jej przekazania adresatowi, informujemy, że jej rozpowszechnianie, kopiowanie, rozprowadzanie lub inne działanie o podobnym charakterze jest prawnie zabronione i może być karalne. Jeżeli otrzymałeś tę wiadomość omyłkowo, prosimy niezwłocznie zawiadomić nadawcę wysyłając odpowiedź oraz trwale usunąć tę wiadomość włączając w to wszelkie jej kopie wydrukowane lub zapisane na dysku.

This e-mail may contain legally privileged information of the Bank and is intended solely for business use of the addressee. This e-mail may only be received by the addressee and may not be disclosed to any third parties. If you are not the intended addressee of this e-mail or the employee authorized to forward it to the addressee, be advised that any dissemination, copying, distribution or any other similar activity is legally prohibited and may be punishable. If you received this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete permanently this e-mail including any copies of it either printed or saved to hard drive.

mBank S.A. z siedzibą w Warszawie, ul. Senatorska 18, 00-950 Warszawa, www.mBank.pl, e-mail: ***@mBank.plSąd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, nr rejestru przedsiębiorców KRS 0000025237, NIP: 526-021-50-88. Według stanu na dzień 01.01.2016 r. kapitał zakładowy mBanku S.A. (w całości wpłacony) wynosi 168.955.696 złotych.

van der Grijn, Bart , B
2017-09-29 12:58:46 UTC
Had to? Can't remember that far back. We've had an LPAR fail, autoipl SAD and then autoipl z/OS in the last couple of years, but we didn't need the actual SAD to determine the cause/solution.
Bart

2017-09-29 14:25:04 UTC
With the exception of the required SAD every 3 months due to training/audit, We had to SAD roughly once a year for 'real'.

Ronald Kristel
________________________________

Bruce Hewson
2017-09-30 12:39:42 UTC
hi,

Lots of systems, means possibility of lots of problems.

Real SADs, more than a few each year.
Our last SAD was just last week.
And they get bigger every year.

We have SAD installed on the 2nd volume of the sysres set.
Keeps it in SYNCH to the maintenance.

And we do test the SAD each time we roll maintenance upgrades to each sysplex.

By using SAD IBM have diagnosed many problems, leading to more than a few APARs.

So I do much appreciate having SAD - it is very useful.

Regards
Bruce Hewson