Will zIIP-eligible work unit loose zIIP-eligibility when executed on CP?
2018-08-07 08:33:30 UTC
Cross-posted to IBM-MAIN and MXG-L

Out of curiosity:

Regarding the zIIP eligibility, what happens to a zIIP-eligible work unit when it is dispatched on a CP because the zIIPs are too busy (zIIP-on CP)? Will the work unit loose its zIIP-eligible state (flag)?

Assume the WU is dispatched on the CP, then gets undispatched. Will the WU be requeued to the zIIP work unit queue when ready because is still is zIIP eligible? Or will it no longer be zIIP-eligible?

I imagine the zIIP-eligibility is kept, but would anyone know (not just imagine)?

Christopher Y. Blaicher
2018-08-07 13:02:12 UTC
It is kept. I have PAUSED and RELEASED a WU lots of times. Mostly, it runs on the zIIP, but sometimes it runs on a CP due to the zIIP being busy.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Syncsort, Inc.

2018-08-08 05:40:55 UTC
Post by Christopher Y. Blaicher
It is kept. I have PAUSED and RELEASED a WU lots of times. Mostly, it runs on the zIIP, but sometimes it runs on a CP due to the zIIP being busy.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. This is in line with my expectation.