XTIOT info
Steely.Mark
2017-08-04 15:38:08 UTC
We are z/OS v2.2 and I would like to add NON_VSAM_XTIOT=YES to DEVSUP. I have already done this on our sandbox system without any problems.

I would like to be able to test this out. Does anyone have a program or anything else that will allocated a dataset using XTIOT.

Any help would be appreciated.

2017-08-04 16:03:26 UTC
So this has been available for some time

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA34634

Before enabling non-VSAM access methods, BSAM, BPAM, and QSAM, for support of dynamic allocation options XTIOT, nocapture UCB, and DSAB above the line (z/OS 1.12 DFSMSdfp LI957), please review the publication "z/OS V1R12.0 DFSMS Using the New Functions", and determine the necessary steps to take before enabling this support system wide via setting the NON_VSAM_XTIOT=YES in the DEVSUPxx member of PARMLIB. Additionally, APAR OA34634 was created as a documentation APAR to update some points in "z/OS V1R12.0 DFSMS Using the New Functions."

My understanding is when it is turned on, it makes things happen. I do not see that you can "test" it other than to verify that the XTIOT is being used for Non Vsam.

You could probably do that through TSO TEST, XDC, or other tools that could look at active storage for the TIOT

Even IPCS may be able to see if your TIOTs are XTIOT

If you have IMS/CICS/DB2 you may want to search the internet for IBM XTIOT and see if there were any issues found for these products and XTIOT. If there were, you may want to see if you have the maintenance applied before turning it on. (I think you probably do, but never hurts to check the old stuff)

Behalf Of Steely.Mark