Mainframe Branding Insanity
Add Reply
Mark Regan
2017-11-27 14:44:50 UTC
http://enterprisesystemsmedia.com/article/branding-insanity#When:14:05:00Z

Mark T. Regan

Joel C. Ewing
2017-11-27 15:11:45 UTC
Post by Mark Regan
http://enterprisesystemsmedia.com/article/branding-insanity#When:14:05:00Z
Obviously some PHB (Dilbert) managers think they justify their existence
by change -- any change.

The world would be a better place with people in corporate management
positions that care and know more about the product they make and their
customer base and less about generalized marketing and management
strategies.
--
Joel C. Ewing, Bentonville, AR ***@acm.org

2017-11-27 15:22:55 UTC
Post by Joel C. Ewing
Obviously some PHB (Dilbert) managers think they justify their existence
by change -- any change.

Now, if you compare IBM managers to PHB, this makes PHB look like a brilliant manager.

I remember a cartoon from quite some time a go. PHB said to Dilbert: "I think we need a new database". Uh, oh, thought Dilbert and ask the PHB what color it should be? PHB answered that "Mauve seems to be just about right".

Doug Fuerst
2017-11-27 16:30:16 UTC
Welcome to the new Ginny Rometty IBM. She should have been canned years
ago.

Doug Fuerst
718.921.2620 (O)
917.572.7364 (C)
***@bkassociates.net

2017-11-27 16:49:11 UTC
It's all about the marketing staff - they are the ones who come up with these useless ideas. But wait - this is how they make their living.
For some reason, the sales people do not know how to convey the value of the mainframe. They give up to0 easily because even they don't understand and hence can't see the value and security the MF brings to a business.
John McKown
2017-11-27 17:13:10 UTC
Post by Doug Fuerst
Welcome to the new Ginny Rometty IBM. She should have been canned years
ago.
​Perhaps caned as well.
Post by Doug Fuerst
Doug Fuerst
718.921.2620 (O)
917.572.7364 (C)
2017-11-27 17:39:31 UTC
Mark:

You may be right, but I had also complained that the special characters even in the manual names were a real nuisance. Do a download, open it, try to cut and paste the title and you had to remove all the special characters. Maybe they ran into this elsewhere and finally said, lets get the special characters out of it.

Bill