disruptive operations in STP
Add Reply
BILLI
2017-09-11 08:18:18 UTC
We have 2 Servers in a STP configuration defined with the same CST(network ID) . One is defined as a PTS and the other as a BTS. Till now when we did an IML on one Server, we brought both down and followed the Server Protocol Planning Guide instructions (when setting the STP time for example). What is the procedure to perform an IML , or any other distruptive operation on one server only , without bringing the other one down as well?
Parwez Hamid
2017-09-11 09:19:42 UTC
Have you looked at the docs on the IBM Techdocs website?

https://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebDocs/?Search&Query=[HTMLDocumentName=WM*]+AND+(STP)&Start=1&Count=50&SearchOrder=1&SearchMax=10000

2017-09-11 16:06:22 UTC
The general procedure is to remove the target CEC from the STP hierarchy. That is, remove any role that has been defined to it. If it's backup or lower, simply undefined and remove it. If it's primary, first switch another CEC to primary, then remove the target CEC. After POR, juggle the roles again to reestablish the original configuration. All of this is done on the HMC.

In short, an attempt to POR the primary CEC will be denied with an explanatory message.