Space Allocation Products
Add Reply
Mark Jacobs - Listserv
2017-10-06 14:58:17 UTC
Outside of these four, are there any other products on the market?

CA Allocate DASD Space and Placement -- CA Technologies
Space Recovery System -- DTS Software
MAINVIEW SRM StopX37/II -- BMC
Tivoli Advanced Allocation Management -- IBM
--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison

Carmen Vitullo
2017-10-06 15:14:04 UTC
Humm, IBM/DSFSMS maybe?

I guess it depends on if you are trying to address a system wide problem, or some nuisances dealing with space issues.
I've seen a couple shops reduce software cost getting rid of some if these products for more robust ACS routines, thus reducing or getting rid of all space abends for production.

my 1 cent
Carmen

2017-10-06 15:20:26 UTC
Post by Carmen Vitullo
Humm, IBM/DSFSMS maybe?
I guess it depends on if you are trying to address a system wide problem,
or some nuisances dealing with space issues.
I've seen a couple shops reduce software cost getting rid of some if these
products for more robust ACS routines, thus reducing or getting rid of all
space abends for production.
​That is what we did. We just to have Stop-X37, then it's successor BMC's
Mainview/SRM. But we basically changed our ACS rules to pretty much make
sure that production didn't get Sx37 abends by using a DVC count of 59.​
Post by Carmen Vitullo
my 1 cent
Carmen
Outside of these four, are there any other products on the market?
CA Allocate DASD Space and Placement -- CA Technologies
Space Recovery System -- DTS Software
MAINVIEW SRM StopX37/II -- BMC
Tivoli Advanced Allocation Management -- IBM
--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Global Technology Services
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison
I just child proofed my house.
But the kids still manage to get in.

Gibney, Dave