RECEIVE ORDER failing
Add Reply
Jousma, David
2017-10-10 12:01:04 UTC
All,

Looks like SMPE RECEIVE ORDER is failing this morning. I've tried HTTPS download too.

200 Type set to I.
EZA1460I Command:
EZA1701I >>> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (170,225,15,117,254,55)
EZA1701I >>> RETR /2017101027988/PROD/GIMPAF.XML
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for /2017101027988/PROD/GIMPAF.XML.
EZA2870I TLS security mechanism negotiation failed - data connection closed
425 Can't open data connection.
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 16425, Error Code = 00017
EZA1701I >>> QUIT
221 Goodbye.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
***@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Richards, Robert B.
2017-10-10 12:16:37 UTC
I succeeded within a minute of your email timestamp with a RFN to the same IP address (ending in 117 and using port 21)

bob

Jousma, David

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails**

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

Richards, Robert B.
2017-10-10 12:58:32 UTC
Yup!

220-dhebpcb01 secure FTP server
220 ready.
EZA1701I >>> AUTH TLS
234 TLSv1
EZA2895I Authentication negotiation succeeded
EZA1701I >>> PBSZ 0
200 PBSZ=0
EZA1701I >>> PROT P
200 Command PROT okay.
EZA2906I Data connection protection is private
EZA1459I NAME (deliverycb-bld.dhe.ibm.com:ABCDEFG): <--- not real Userid :-)

Then IBM generated user and password, followed by CCC (command channel cleared), the GET statement, TYPE I, EPSV, and finally opening a BINARY mode connection.

Jousma, David
2017-10-10 13:38:31 UTC
I suspect the change may have occurred at my end due to recent install of IBM maintenance. Now, I'm wondering if the TLS handshake is failing at the IBM end due to the fact that this PTF removed depreciated ciphers...I have my TCPIP guys at our end reviewing.

TYPE REASON ID FMID SYSMOD ++HOLD DATA
------ --------- ------- ------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM ACTION HCPT420 UA93632 ++ HOLD(UA93632) SYS FMID(HCPT420) REASON(ACTION) DATE(17265)
COMMENT
(****************************************************************
* FUNCTION AFFECTED: z/OS SYSTEM SSL (OA51519) *
* DESCRIPTION : ACTION *
* TIMING : PRE-APPLY AND POST-APPLY *
In this PTF, z/OS System SSL is changing the default SSL/TLS
cipher support.

The cipher defines the authentication, encryption, message
authentication code (MAC) and key exchange algorithm used when
negotiating a secure connection using SSL or TLS. When a System
SSL application calls the gsk_environment_open() routine to
establish a secure environment or calls the deprecated SSL/TLS
routine gsk_secure_soc_init() setting cipher_specs and/or
v3cipher_specs to NULL, the default enabled ciphers will no
longer include the following DES and Triple DES ciphers.
SSL V3/TLS ciphers
09/0009: TLS_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
0A/000A: TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
12/0012: TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
13/0013: TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
15/0015: TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
16/0016: TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA

Richards, Robert B.
2017-10-10 13:56:40 UTC
Dave,

I *DO NOT* have UA93632 applied. Received, yes, applied, no.

Please post the outcome of your investigation. Inquiring minds want to avoid the same issue! :-)

Bob