ASAP profile setup
2018-06-05 21:03:05 UTC
I’ve used IBM ServiceLink ASAP for years to get early heads-up on support concerns. My goal is to monitor most components in our z/OS environment. The only way I know to set up a profile is to add each ‘significant’ FMID. Some issues:

-- I've settled on 'significant' as those installed FMIDs that are not obviously dependents of some other FMID. For example, the FMID for COBOL 4.2 is HADB420. COBOL Japanese support is JADB422. SMPE indicates this relationship when listing JADB422 with 'FMID: HADB420'. For ASAP, JADB422 does not need to be monitored separately from HADB420, so there's no point in adding it to my profile.

-- New FMIDs need to be added to my profile.

-- Some FMIDs change or disappear from release to release. At some point it pays to delete FMIDs that no longer run in the shop.

Is there a simple(r) way to manage a profile than listing out SMPE sysmods and rummaging through the pile for gems? My profile currently has around 100 FMIDs for z/OS 2.1. I need to update it for 2.3, keeping 2.1 for the time being.

Nims,Alva John , Al
2018-06-05 21:23:29 UTC
If you do not mind, I would like to send you an email with some JCL and a REXX routine or two that reads the output from a SMPe "LIST SYSMOD FUNCTION" and "LIST FEATURE" commands and produces a simple list of text.
Something like this for FMIDs:
EDU1H01 IZOBB220 ICKDSF - Device Support Facilities, Base
EER3500 IZOBB220 Environmental Record Editing and Printing
EMI2220 IZOBB220 MICR/OCR
ETI1106 IZOBB220 TIOC
FDU1H07 IZOBB220 ICKDSF - Device Support Facilities, ISMF/MODS
FDU1H08 IZOBB220 ICKDSF - Device Support Facilities, ISMF/ENU
HADB420 IECBA420 IBM ENTERPRISE COBOL FOR Z/OS BASE

And the feature output is like this:
DZOBB220 5650-ZOS 02.02.00 Z/OS V2 BASE OPT. Features Installed with Base
IA2UB112 5771-ADB 01.01.02 APL2 UBOX
ID1PE112 5771-ADA 01.01.02 DATA1 UBOX
IECBA420 5655-S71 04.02.00 Ent COBOL z/OS&OS/390 V4
IISZB710 5655-W44 07.01.00 IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS V7
IISZB800 5655-DGH 08.00.00 IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS V8
IJTEA710 5655-W43 07.01.00 IBM 31-bit SDK for z/OS V7
IJTEA800 5655-DGG 08.00.00 IBM 31-bit SDK for z/OS V8

Would this do?

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer III
UF Information Technology
East Campus
P.O. Box 112050
Gainesville, FL. 32611
(e) ***@ufl.edu
(p) (352) 273-1298

Nims,Alva John , Al
2018-06-05 21:31:07 UTC
Oops, can I send it to you tomorrow afternoon, I just realized that I use some programs that are not generally available and just had to "tweak the code" to get around using them.

Cieri, Anthony
2018-06-06 00:34:48 UTC
There is a SMPE program, GIMXSID that can be used to provide a CSI report. I found the JCL on one of the Shop/z help screens, it is something similar to the following:

//STEP1 EXEC PGM=GIMXSID,PARM='WAIT=10MIN,L=ENU'
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SMPOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//SMPXTOUT DD DSN=your.output.dat.set,DISP=(NEW,CATLG), <<< Update
// DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=12560,BLKSIZE=25120),
// SPACE=(TRK,(10,10)),VOL=SER=xxxxxx,UNIT=SYSALLDA
//*SMPXTOUT DD PATH='/EXISTING_DIRECTORY/NEW_FILE', <<< Update for zfs file report
//* PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),
//* FILEDATA=BINARY,PATHMODE=(SIRWXU,SIRWXG,SIRWXO)
//SYSIN DD DATA,DLM=$$
CSI=your.smpe.csi.dataset <<< Update
TARGET=targetzonename <<< Update
$$

The creates the CSI report that you would upload to Shop/z when ordering with a report!!! It is a muchn abbreviated listing of the FMID and features in you SMPE CSI.
I run this and then rummage through the report to add/delete FMID from my ASAP profile.

Hth
Tony